Genesis 2:10-14. "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah (Arabia), where there is gold; And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia (Africa).
And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria (north of Babylonia).
And the fourth river is Euphrates."
David Allen Rigsby's site contains the above picture and other interesting materials. It can be found here.
Before Noah's Flood, the land mass of the earth would have been bigger.
Noah's Flood, for all intents and purposes could be a generic description of water inundation of the earth that might have happened not in a single instance but a series of trigger events.
That story might have been an oral tradition rooting from earlier generations and initially passed via rituals, dances and chants.
(Genesis might be a recap of earlier records. For instance, the "Enuma Elish" and other Mesopotamian records are more than likely preceding the accounts of Genesis.)
Many theories are forwarded regarding the geo-shaping forces at play. There's the tectonic movement theory as supported by evidences of subduction and there's the earth expanding theory.
These theories bring into mind the proposed Pangea super-continent said to have existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras about 250 million years ago, before the component continents were separated into their current configuration.
In any case, the picture on the top of this blog entry which referenced the Genesis 2:10-14, seems to be a good start for understanding the ancient landmasses.
Looking at the current earth elevation map, one will notice the undersea markings and note that the landmasses seem to have been forced out from each other.
Maybe, the landmasses were initially bigger and edges between them, collapsed underneath the sea.
Aside from the subduction and tectonic plates movements, the separation of landmasses could have been exacerbated by the warming weather resulting to thawed land/ice.
Jupiter is covered with dense cloud gasses so you can't see the landscape. Could it be the same with earth then? At the time of Pangea, the time setting of the tradition of Genesis' four great rivers, the earth could have been perennially covered with thick clouds?
I've heard of old traditions that in the earliest of times, the clouds are so close to the earth. Interestingly Genesis says:
"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened."
Would it mean, that something changed that the skies began to unload it's dense cloud cover onto the earth? This would have resulted to the sun's rays thawing the delicate icy edges of landmasses and the landslides of vulnerable areas.
If so, avalanches and the resulting raging rivers mixed with ice could have surely created something like the Grand Canyons. The sudden flow of thawed ice could create vortices of ice and water that has a capacity to sculpt the mountainous canyon areas.
There would have been enormous changes in the weight distribution of the planet that would in turn trigger effects on the tectonic plates and the volcanoes underneath. Dinosaurs would collapse underneath landslides and muddy areas, not to mention the change in temperature would have been fatal to some giant lifeforms.
Here you have a scenario that can be worth adding to the theories of land sculpting and species extinction.
(It would also fit the saying in Genesis that formerly "..darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."
And I guess some planetary events could effect such drastic change in the planetary balance - such as the moon being captured in the orbit of the earth, a change of its orbital distance to earth or a planetary object passing nearby.)
Related to the Genesis 2:10-14 interpretation of landmasses, we can surmise that Havilah, the land rich in gold is located somewhere in the Asian regions, probably the Eastern regions. Perhaps, it may even comprise what was called Lemuria or Mu.
According to InTheLight website:
"Mu is another name for Lemuria. The Lemurians were apparently a short, stocky, dark-skinned Matriachal race. There is good evidence for the land of Lemuria - much better than evidence for Atlantis.
It is placed in the Pacific Ocean, covering from India, across Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands to Hawaii in the north and Easter Island in the east. There are coral reefs in deep water off the coast of some of the Pacific Islands, suggesting that at one time the land was higher (or that the sea level was much lower)."
In Addition, collision of the plates may have contributed to the rise of mountains like the Himalayas. If so, Pison and Hiddekel river may have been obliterated.
At the same period range, some portions of Havilah slipped into the ocean so that some of Havilah became separated into separate lands like Japan, Guam, Saipan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia and the islands up to the Australian/New Zealand regions.
Perhaps volcanoes can influence the natural formation of gold. And there are definitely lots of volcanoes on these Asian region within the Pacific 'Ring of Fire' area.
It was said that a volcano in Colombia was spewing gold. In Papua New Guinea, gold was recovered from an extinct volcano.
Furthermore, "volcano bubbling away at sea near Indonesia may have given Australian and Indonesian scientists an unprecedented ringside seat at the birth of a gold deposit."
In the Philippines, there were accounts that in the olden times, gold were so common as one could get them from most of the rivers:
One wonders whether the official accounts that Spanish explorers (who went to the islands to search for spices and christianization of pagans) is really a laughable rewriting of their real intentions:
“Get gold, humanely if possible, but at all hazards, get gold.” (1511, King Ferdinand of Spain to his conquistadors).
The "conquistadores" might have intentionally erased the natives' history via indoctrination. They made them accept themselves as pagans and barbarians to create a clean mental slate for absorbing a false history and to exploit their resources.
Let's not forget that really, it was not Magellan who discovered the Philippines. The people who reside in a region were the real discoverer of the land.
Evidences and artifacts have been found to confirm active trading between Mongols, Philippines and other countries as early as the 7th century, the time of the Srivijayan Empire (a powerful ancient thalassocratic Malay empire based on the island of Sumatra). - wiki
(thalassocratic - rule of the sea. Assuming Atlantis and Lemuria undertook sea-steading activities may not be too far off)
In fact the "balangay" boat used for trading was just recently recreated in commemoration of this.
David Rigsby locate Eden near the junction of North and South America.
Curiously, it is also the same region where Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle were claimed to have been located.
"Atlantis is one of the best known mythical continents, referred to by Plato and other legends. Many people have theorized where it may have been - from the middle of the Atlantic, to Antarctica, Indonesia, Greenland, and a volcanic island near Greece which erupted a few thousand years before Plato's time.
Some sources suggest that there is evidence of structures on the sea floor off the east coast of northern USA, but no hard evidence has been produced. It may well be that there were Homo Sapiens Sapiens civilizations living in a number of different continents (archaeological evidence certainly supports this), and the people of this era could generically be called "Atlantians".
And what about the mysterious legends of Bermuda Triangle?
According to Lee Ann Obringer in howstuffworks.com:
"In 1975, Mary Margaret Fuller, editor of "Fate" magazine, contacted Lloyd's of London for statistics on insurance payoffs for incidents occurring within the Bermuda Triangle's usually accepted boundaries. According to Lloyd's records, 428 vessels were reported missing throughout the world between 1955 and 1975, and there was no greater incidence of events occurring in the Bermuda Triangle than anywhere else in the world."
Scientists recently measured the gravity distribution of the earth.
Curiously, there appears a lump in the proposed area of Havilah and an indention in the assumed smaller area of Eden.
A site proposes that Atlantis is the first Eden and many others have hinted similarly.
The account of Eden doesn't have to be parallel to Atlantis. What if this Genesis account of Eden is a sort of reboot? - Something like a virtual operating system booted from within the larger and already created mass of humanity. Eden could have been a replanting of the washed landmass of Atlantis.
Atlantean remnants may have roamed the other areas. That's why Cain could have gone out of Eden and married from some other human race already existing. And that can also account for Genesis having two anecdotes of human creation.
It may even be the case that the writers of Genesis were focusing more on a recounting of local traditions relevant to their race. So then we don't have to close our mind into a singular timeline and singular run of human history based from their records.
In any case, many civilizations rose and mysteriously disappeared. Even in the old testament there were mentions of remnant race of giants (of which Goliath may have derived). Curiously, the popular Edgar Cayce also mentioned about a pre-adamic race.
It is said that "Cain left the LORD's presence and lived in Nod [The Land of Wandering], east of Eden". Did Cain crossed the Gihon river (which has now turned into the Atlantic ocean) towards the continent of Africa to wander?
Apparently, Seth's lineage also became a nomad in Africa until they were instructed by Jehovah towards their promised land, conquering and pillaging the treasuries of other races. They themselves were recorded to have been conquered by various empires and their amassed gold treasuries were taken.
The gold hordes that seemed to always have been associated with priestly functions whether on the side of Israelites or pagan nations have changed hands and accumulated at each cycle under each kingdom before it was further merged by one kingdom conquering another.
The people from the American and other continents were mostly left out from the old testament story showing the local focus of their records.
However, the same thread of events could easily be gleaned from non-Israelite artifacts. And remnants of Atlantis and Lemurian populations may have dispersed some gold horde in various regions they fled to.
So what was so special about gold that gods and goddesses was thought to require them from priests and for kingly duties?
Here are some desirable qualities of gold that may help us understand:
* "Mono-atomic Gold, also known as Egyptian White Powder Gold, Fruit of the Tree of Life, Etherium Gold Powder, and Star-fire Gold of the Gods, is a mystical and alchemical substance used by the ancient people of Kemet (Egypt) to achieve super states of consciousness and mystical experiences."
* "Some modern esotericists and forms of alternative medicine assign metallic gold a healing power. Some gold salts do have anti-inflammatory properties and are used as pharmaceuticals in the treatment of arthritis and other similar conditions" (wiki)
* Gold is frequently associated with royalty, power, strength, wealth, warmth, intelligence, justice, balance, perfection, summer, harvest and the sun.
* "Gold is a good conductor of heat and electricity and reflects infrared radiation strongly. Chemically, it is unaffected by air, moisture and most corrosive reagents, and is therefore well suited for use in coins and jewelry and as a protective coating on other, more reactive, metals." (wiki)
* Extra-terrestrial/hyper-space application:
- Element 115: special alloys or metals may serve as fuel or ingredient for anti-gravity/ anti-matter purposes
- "As gold is a good reflector of electromagnetic radiation such as infrared and visible light as well as radio waves, it is used for the protective coatings on many artificial satellites, in infrared protective faceplates in thermal protection suits and astronauts' helmets and in electronic warfare planes like the EA-6B Prowler." (wiki)
* According to Sitchin, the Annunaki planet may have needed gold to protect its atmosphere. If he was correct, gold could have certainly be made into thin transparent material that may serve similar purpose.
* Esoteric New Jerusalem project:
- "The Book of Revelation 21:21 describes the city of New Jerusalem as having streets "made of pure gold, clear as crystal" (wiki). Esoteric believers tasking themselves to fulfill the Book of Revelation may have to gather all gold hordes for their New Jerusalem construction.
- The Armageddon may involve nuclear radiation and the aftermath would require gold for radiation shielding.
* Consuming gold is said to affect the DNA. Theoretically monatomic gold can make your DNA superconductive. These DNA alteration may have implication for human and machine interface especially if ever amino acid computer is developed.
* Neural processes are like electrical signaling. Imbibed mono-atomic gold may make one more susceptible to mind control manipulation. And possibly advanced races may have encouraged Paraohs and kings to consume such in order to create in them virtual experiences.
Perhaps it's the time to have a second look at known history. Humanity may be building on false historical foundations of delusions, especially relating to monarchies, civilizations, religion, wealth and dominions.
Layers of knowledge that may be hidden to the masses is due for revelation!
... to be continued
This is an article in subtopic "Stairways to Heaven" in the Chapter III of the "Reboot" series which you can find here.
Possible Genesis allusions and other notes:
* Genesis I
- earth without form, and void on the start of Genesis may allude to a reboot from an earlier shutdown of the systems (deemed not relevant for the history cycle being told)
- firmament in the midst of the waters, dividing the waters above from the waters beneath is consistent with thick cloud covering the earth which also may have prevented much light shining underneath
- waters under the heaven gathered together unto one place with the dry land appearing in one place may allude to one side of the planet consisting of Pangea and the other what is now called Pacific Ocean
* Genesis II
- mist from the earth watering the whole face of the ground alludes to clouds touching/watering the plants
- garden eastward in Eden may refer to the seas (Pacific Ocean) as point of reference
- there is an allusion to a landscaping/replanting project in Eden alluding to a reboot program
- Eve from Adam's rib sounds like a cloning project as opposed to earlier account of human: Eve was made after the image of Adam, a wo-man
* Red Sea seemed to be a portion of Gihon river that was trapped as portions of Havilah and Ethiopia (Africa) fused together. Some descendants of Ishmael dispersed to Havilah. Amalekites who may or may not be related to Ishmael also came from this western tip of Havilah.